Concerns about therapy documentation have been the topic of much discussion and education but mastery of this critical issue has presented challenges. A recently completed documentation review project brought to light several key issues after reviewing over 3000 records for nearly 70 agencies:
- Baseline findings indicated an average risk per episode of over $1500.
- No agency was surprised by the documentation content issues identified.
- Many agencies had educated staff on this issue more than once in the last year.
- Total risk for the group at the beginning of the project was $1.85 million.
Based on these findings and the fact that there continues to be chronic problems with documentation, Kornetti & Krafft Health Care Solutions has created the Therapy Revenue Protection Package which consists of:
- An initial audit of 20 recently discharged records to identify trends and quantify risk.
- Three on demand webinars which cover:
- Reasonable and Necessary Documentation
- Clinical Decision Making
- Reviewer Training
- The Therapy Audit Tool for implementation within the agency
- Three individual conference calls with an assigned consultant which cover:
- Findings of the Initial Audit
- Challenges / Opportunities
- Findings of the Final Audit
- A final audit of 20 recently discharged records 6 months after the first one was completed to measure impact and focus ongoing monitoring
- The subsequent audits of 10 records at 9 months and 1 year after initiation of the program to
- Confirm consistency of internal review process
- Ensure previously identified issues are not resurfacing
- Total cost of package to each agency = $7500 for the entire year of services
- This reflects the current level of risk in just 5 episodes.
Customizable programs are available. Please call us to discuss your agency's needs.